Ohlone College Broadcasting:
Film, TV & Video Classes
The Bay Area’s TV & Video Lab
Ohlone College has Film and Television classes that can prepare you for a career in the film industry or broadcast television.
Digital Reporting - Reporting skills for the web. Harness powerful Internet search tools to find the newest stories and videos on the Internet and prepare a live webcast streamed to colleges around the country, YouTube, multiple Internet sites, and post to Twitter.
- BRDC-145 Digital Reporting I, Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30pm - 9:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-145 now
- BRDC-146 Digital Reporting II, Producing a Webcast, Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30pm - 9:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-146 now
Live Television Production (Behind the Camera). Learn commercial television skills : Directing, floor directing, studio camera, switcher, teleprompter, Chyron and audio production. Crew for a live weekly show.
- BRDC-148 Live TV Production, Monday & Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:15pm - Sign up for BRDC-148 now
- BRDC-149 Directing Live TV, Monday & Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:15pm - Sign up for BRDC-149 now
Live Television Newscast (In Front of the Camera). Train to anchor, be a reporter, do live shots on a live weekly newscast. Learn to shoot and edit, write and produce the news. Taught by NBC Correspondent and KPIX5 anchor Bill Schechner.
- BRDC-141 Live TV News, Monday & Wednesday, 6:30pm - 9:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-141 now
Digital Video and Lighting (Learn to Shoot Like a Pro). Shoot video with professional Sony XD cameras. Learn lighting, panoramic shots, shooting sports, news and entertainment from a professional KTVU Cameraman.
- BRDC-136 Digital Video, Monday & Wednesday, 11:30am - 2:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-136 now
- BRDC-137 Advanced Techniques, Monday & Wednesday, 11:30am - 2:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-137 now
Advanced Film and Video Production. Are you serious about getting into the film industry or working in video production? Students produce and crew short films, learn indoor and exterior lighting, dolly shots and set prep. Taught by WB, Pixar & ILM filmmaker Lawrence Iriarte.
- BRDC-152 Advanced Film & Video Production, Saturdays, 9:00am - 3:00pm - Sign up for BRDC-152 now
Video Editing for Film and Television. This course covers the basics of editing to create a short film, a TV show, web clips and a TV news story. Students develop the ability to upload video, create a timeline, and assemble video and audio clips into story form. Final Cut Pro and Edius software.
- BRDC-134 Video Editing for Film & TV, Tuesday & Thursday, 12:00pm - 2:25pm - Sign up for BRDC-134 now
Advanced Video Editing. Advanced techniques used in commercial film and video production. Multi-camera projects, nested sequences, keyframing & more.
- BRDC-135 Advanced Editing, Tuesday & Thursday, 12:00pm - 2:25pm - Sign up for BRDC-135 now
For more information, please contact (510) 918-3600. Download the Fall 2015 Film and TV Classes flyer (PDF).
The Ohlone College Broadcasting Department offers hands-on classes in film production, film directing, film editing, AVID editing, Final Cut Pro editing, shooting video for TV, film production, video production and TV news production. We are The Bay Area's TV & Video Lab.
Ohlone College Broadcasting's film, TV, and video classes offer training that is essential to get the job you want in film, film editing, film production and TV production, including sitcoms, entertainment shows, documentary production or TV news.
Watch "Rocky Rivera's Trick Habit
DivisionSkip plugin info.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Windows Media Player (free; Windows) or Flip4Mac (free; Mac) or other browser plug-in/add-on that can play WMV files is required to play the Windows Media Video webcast, video, and/or audio files on this web page. Additional information.