About the ASOC
The Associated Students of Ohlone College (ASOC) helps to ensure that students receive the best possible experience while studying at Ohlone College.
As the governing student body of Ohlone College, the ASOC's role is to act as a liaison between the College administration and the student body, and to serve as a forum to express student opinions and concerns.
ASOC also conducts several outreach programs, activities, and events throughout the year.
ASOC Mission Statement
The Associated Students of Ohlone College exist to represent student needs, wants and concerns.
Want to Get Involved at Ohlone?
- Attend ASOC meetings (open to all students)
- Join ASOC
- Join a student club
- Start a new student club
- Volunteer to help with events and activities
Visit the ASOC office or contact us at email@example.com for more information about how to become involved with student government, clubs, and other Ohlone College campus programs and events.
ASOC has Funded
For information, please call ASOC at (510) 659-6063.
Programs that have been granted ASOC funding:
- Freshman Days
- Transfer Day
- Reception after Spring Graduation
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Mathematics Competition
- Halloween Event
- Science and Math Seminar Series
- Communication for Change Club events
- Communication Colloquium Series
Activities and events:
- Representing students on over 28 different College committees
- Currently operating a recreation room at the Newark campus
- Replaced old patio furniture by the pond on the Fremont campus
- Representing the students at the statewide student senate meetings
- For more information about funding (ASOC Sponsorship Request Form and Funding Policy) from the ASOC Student Government please e-mail Renee Gonzales, Student Life Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ASOC Student Government Officers
- ASOC and Inter-Club Council Advisors